Home Forums Hardware discussions Expected idle temperature and possible SoC hw defects

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ion.dulgheru 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kamineff
    Participant

What should be the SoC temperature at an idle state? Mine is getting above 80C while simply waiting at U-Boot prompt and I can’t have the OS booted no matter what kernel version I try – it simply resets to U-Boot at a random point of the startup process. It’s been sporadically rebooting ever since I received it in May so I haven’t ever seen it running longer than a couple of days but it deteriorated with time so that now I can’t just get to the OS login prompt. When I saw it first I suspected it’s something with my power supply or my OS kernel build but now I tried it with 60W AC adapter and tried multiple kernel versions from vanilla 4.4.52 to custom built 4.18.7 with exactly the same result the only suspicion left is a SoC hardware defect.

ion.dulgheru
    Participant

I also have the same issue.
    Do you have the version with a 1G DDR chip?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Signup to our newsletter

Technical specification tables can not be displayed on mobile. Please view on desktop