Home Forums Software discussion OS – ubuntu Repeated crashes

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  adonesp 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dsjstc
    Participant

Not sure if my many crashes with the Armbian Ubuntu image are due to the governer issues many others are reporting, but I suspect so. I merged these instructions for setting up uboot for Ubuntu with these ones for fixing a handmade image, and came up with this list of uboot instructions:

setenv boot_interface mmc
    setenv image_name boot/Image
    setenv fdt_name boot/dtb/marvell/armada-3720-community.dtb
    setenv rootdev "/dev/mmcblk0p1"
    setenv rootfstype "ext4"
    setenv verbosity "1"
    setenv ethaddr "F0:AD:4E:03:00:00"
    setenv eth1addr "F0:AD:4E:03:00:01"
    setenv eth2addr "F0:AD:4E:03:00:02"
    setenv bootcmd 'mmc dev 0;ext4load mmc 0:1 $kernel_addr $image_name;ext4load mmc 0:1 $initrd_addr $initrd_image;ext4load mmc 0:1 $fdt_addr $fdt_name;mw.l 0xd0011500 0x78e3ffff;setenv bootargs $console root=$rootdev rw rootwait;booti $kernel_addr - $fdt_addr'

Obviously followed by saveenv if it works. Hopefully this won’t be necessary much longer, but maybe putting it here will save me having to figure it out again when I next create an image.

adonesp
    Participant

As for me, I never had been able to fix the crashing issue even though I disabled the governor service. I switched to Archlinux and it’s runs pretty solid without crashes (except when playing with GPIO’s). The GPIO’s are a bit problematic though. Most of the pins are not usable.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Signup to our newsletter

Technical specification tables can not be displayed on mobile. Please view on desktop