Home Forums Shipping Questions Shipping to the UK

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sheffieldnick 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

phil
    Participant

I notice that on the Globalscale web site, shipping to the UK is now available. However at £24 it’s not cheap. Does this include import duties and if not, how will those be handled?
    Do you have any distributors lined up this side of the pond?

phil
    Participant

Hmm, no response. Not exactly filling me with confidence.

Bryan
    Keymaster

Hi Phil,

the 24 is just the shipping cost. Duty is not included and will handled by the recepient. We are working on setting up some distribution in the UK/EU but nothing is finalized yet.

StefanB
    Participant

Can you please make an announcement (best on both the blog and the forum) when you have distribution in the EU ready?

StefanB
    Participant

Shipping via Amazon to Germany is just 7$US, plus 19% Tax deposit (49$ + 7$ * 1.19 = 67$)

Unfortunately, only the 1GB versions is currently available.

sheffieldnick
    Participant

I paid US$49 for my 1GB model plus $31.66 shipping for delivery to the UK, which I thought was reasonable. Then a week later FedEx hit me with a bill for 20% VAT… So that made the total price £72.16.

I hope that Marvell get a UK/European distributor soon so we can at least reduce the shipping costs.

StefanB
    Participant

I don’t know the legislation in the UK, but in Germany such an action is outright illegal, unless they have a written order from you to handle the import and pay the tax/duties in your name. That is, although they know, they try nonwithstanding.

sheffieldnick
    Participant

I think it is fairly standard in the UK. Annoyingly it is only £7.58 VAT, but then FedEx stick a £12 ‘administration fee’ on top of that 🙁

So a European-based importer could reduce the price quite a bit for end-users, and still make a profit.

StefanB
    Participant

Amazon.com GlobalShipping is still a quite reasonable option (no extra fees), but unfortunately still no 2GByte version available.

sheffieldnick
    Participant

Yeah, Amazon.com won’t ship it to the UK 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Signup to our newsletter

Technical specification tables can not be displayed on mobile. Please view on desktop