Home Forums Hardware discussions tcpdump on bridge not showing packets for connected client – arch linux

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  scaldwell 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

cristianbl
    Participant

Dear Devs I have a weird issue. I’ve put arch on an SD card and everything works… except sniffing the bridge interface. They use systemd networking to get it up and running, but I was sure that using tcpdump on a bridge should work without any issue. Only packets destined for the IP of the bridge (if I assign one) and ones coming from my other switch appear. I only connect the two lan ports that belong to the bridge.
    Can anyone point me into what I should look? Is the topaz switch doing something?

Many thanks,
    Cristian

cristianbl
    Participant

Right… so the reason why I cannot see the traffic is because they are not separate interfaces as I thought, two ports are behind the switch IC and one on the SOC.

barryf
    Participant

Hi

Did you/anyone find any solution to this? Espressobin is not suitable for my purpose if the two additional ports can only be used as a full switch.

-Barry

scaldwell
    Participant

I’m encountering the same issue trying to monitor traffic by bridging those two interfaces. Anyone have any luck figuring this out? Or found different hardware better suited to the purpose? Any direction would be helpful, thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Signup to our newsletter

Technical specification tables can not be displayed on mobile. Please view on desktop